6 Pine Cone Road Suite 4
Dayton, NV 89403
HVAC Tips: Keep Your Cool This Summer
|Posted on May 17, 2019 at 12:45 AM|
I know it seems odd to post this with the weather this week, but now is the time to take care of your HVAC system.
Keep cool this summer and don’t forget to perform annual maintenance on your air conditioning unit now, before the real heat hits!
Here are a few things most homeowners can do themselves to help maintain their air conditioner:
• Ensure the filter is clean or replaced regularly. Disposable filters are inexpensive and should be replaced once a month during high use periods.
• Trim back plants so there is at least one foot of clearance from the A/C unit to allow proper air flow and reduce motor strain.
• Sand, dirt, and other debris can get sucked into the condenser coils. To clean the coils, first disconnect the power to the A/C and then use a garden hose to spray the coils clean.
You should also have annual maintenance service performed by a professional air conditioning technician. Always ensure the following items are included in the maintenance service:
• Condenser – check pressure, oil motor bearings, and current electrical draw; tighten all hardware and visually inspect wiring and condenser coils.
• Air Handler/Evaporator – Visually inspect wiring and oil motor bearings; clean or replace filter, tighten all hardware, inspect condensation drain, pan, pump, and auxiliary pan; clean drain system, and check that evaporator coils are clean and free of damage.
With proper maintenance, an air conditioner should run smoothly for years. However, should the unit break down due to normal wear and use, your home warranty plan may repair or replace the covered parts and components to keep homes cool during the heat of summer!
Thanks for the reminders Old Republic!
Categories: Real Estate Articles & Info
Post a Comment
Oops, you forgot something.
The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.